army-rubbishes-indian-surgical-strikes-claim-as-two-pakistani-soldiers-killed-at-loc
pakistan World

Army Rubbishes Indian Surgical Strikes claim as two Pakistani soldiers killed at LoC

Two Pakistan Army soldiers were killed as neighbor country’s Indian troops fired across the (LoC) Line of Control in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, the (ISPR) Inter Services Public Relations said on Thursday. In early reports The Pakistani military confirmed the deaths of the army soldiers yet dismissed the Indian claimed of Surgical Strikes.

An ISPR statement released shortly said, “There had been cross border fire started and conducted by India which is existential phenomenon”, this statement is given after the Indian DGMO held a press conference and claiming about surgical strikes.

According to ISPR the exchange of fire begun at 2:30 am and continued till 8:00 am. The Statement said, “Pakistani troops befittingly respond to Indian troop’s unprovoked firing on the Line of Control in sectors of Bhimber, Hotspring Kel and Lipa.

What is a Surgical Strikes?

The most recent episode is already simmering India-Pakistan relations is so called Surgical Strikes, Indian claim made soon after 2 Pakistani soldiers were killed at the LoC in Azad Jammu and Kashmir, this was reported on Thursday. The media of both states is now hotly debating the terminology, Pakistani military rejecting that the recent episode was a result of a Surgical Strikes.

The present incident of cross border firing indicates as tensions simmer between India and Pakistan over the issue of Kashmir. This matter is on peak after India accused Pakistan of involvement in the attack of Uri Army Base in India-held Kashmir, Pakistan has rejected this allegation.

Despite in 2003 border ceasefire agreement signed by both states, cross border firing along the working boundary is intermittent both sides or parties.

Pakistan Military rejects Indian claim:

After fire was exchanged on the Line of control, the joint press conference was held and the Indian ministry of external affairs and the ministry of defence addressed in this conference on Thursday.

Lt Gen Ranbir Singh the Director General of Military Operations (DGMO) said the surgical strikes were conducted by the Indian troop on terror launch pads along the Line of Control. Lt Gen Ranbir Singh also added that the strikes will not continue.

However, the Pakistan military quickly dismissed the notion of a surgical strike. The military statement, “The notion of surgical strikes linked to alleged bases is an illusion being deliberately generated by Indian to create false effects”.

A statement by Pakistan Air Force a spokesperson said, “Pakistan Air Force is always ready and alert to issue a befitting response to outside or foreign aggression”.

Khawaja Asif Defence Minister of Pakistan:

Khawaja Asif Defence Minister of Pakistan said that small firearms were used across the Line of Control and Pakistani forces responded in a befitting way. Khawaja Asif added that nine soldiers were wounded during the incident. Further said that Indian forces initiated firing in 5 sectors and he was unaware of the casualties on the other five sector of the border.

Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned:

Prime Minister Mian Muhammad Nawaz Sharif strongly condemned the incident, he said, “Our intent for a peaceful neighborhood should not be mistaken as our weakness”.

About the author

sajida khursheed

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment